HOW TO PLAY
1. THE CARDS
WHAT cards give show 2 topics,
choose the one you want to bild
HOW cards change the rules,
take 'em or leave 'em
2. THE PIECES
Use our handcrafted selection, nice and varied, beautifully consistent, specially designed and playtested to bild anything as fast and efficiently as possible.
You can go lasercut them yourself, the file's included in the download.
3. THE GAME
Each turn, one player is the bilder. They draw a WHAT card and choose a topic. The bilder may use all the pieces in the box, stack them, move them around, but has to bild in total silence. No talking, singing, sound effects, not a peep. Whoever guesses the topic, earns the WHAT card.
To make guessing a bit easier, the bilder reveals the category on their WHAT card before bilding
- Beings: people, animals, real or fictional
- Imagined: fictional things
- Locations: places or settings
- Devices: inanimate things
- Events: historical or everyday occurences
- Rest: anything outside the other categories
The Bilder can earn a card during their turn by picking 1 of the 3 revealed HOW cards (replenish every turn) that make bilding extra challenging. The bilder may choose to play without a HOW card, but then they won’t be scoring a card this turn. Their loss.
4. LET'S PLAY BILDER
* we made the game so we can use sound effects. YOU can't. Why? chicken thigh